The Ministry of Economy, Industry, and Competitiveness (MINECO) has awarded the Innovative SME seal to the Asturian company ENVIRA IoT, which is valid for 3 years.
The Innovative SME Seal is a public recognition that distinguishes small and medium-sized companies that stand out for their innovative nature and that generate activities that promote scientific and technological knowledge, both in processes and in services or products, and that is committed to innovation by carrying out intensive activity in R&D&I.
Innovation is one of the essential factors for the economic growth of a country. The fact that ENVIRA IoT receives this seal represents public recognition of the company’s efforts to consolidate at the forefront of innovation and investment R&D projects related to engineering solutions for monitoring and measuring environmental quality and polluting emissions.
To renew the Innovative SME seal, a series of requirements must be met, such as having received public funding for innovative projects, as is the case of ENVIRA IoT, having carried out activities in Research, Technological Development, or Technological Innovation, or having own exploitation patent.
ENVIRA’S R&D background
At the end of the 90s, ENVIRA began the development of different initiatives aimed at improving and modernizing the systems for the acquisition and analysis of environmental data through the application of new technologies, from nanomaterials to the intelligent exploitation of data, through Artificial Intelligence techniques.
In 2010, all these activities were centralized with the creation of a new R&D Department for the exclusive development of new technologies for the environment. As a result of the growth of R&D activity and the arrival of the developed technologies on the market, the IoT Department was founded in 2018, which unifies R&D in technology with research and discovery of new markets, products, and services.
Some of the most representative projects developed in recent years have been:
- Nanosensors O3. Development of new environmental sensors, based on nanotechnology, for the monitoring of free Ozone in the environment.
- Design of an automatic monitoring system for environmental pollution shipped in vehicle fleets.
- Nanoenvi M2. Sensor networks for environmental monitoring in industrial environments in order to control and minimize occupational and environmental risks associated with productive activity.
- Development of structural monitoring systems based on printable and flexible electronics.
- Design and development of low-cost environmental monitoring systems for indoor spaces.
- Smart Validation System. Expert System to assist in the identification of errors, incidents, or environmental risks in large volumes of data generated by sensor networks.
- Remote Calibration System. Intelligent system for unattended and remote calibration of certified environmental monitoring equipment and analyzers.
If you are looking for a technological partner for a consortium with experience in sensors, monitoring, and the environment, contact ENVIRA IoT. We put at your disposal more than 30 years of experience in the development of engineering solutions for monitoring environmental parameters and structural health in industrial, urban, and agricultural environments.