Due to their own nature, meteorological sensors are exposed to very different weather conditions. Therefore, in order to guarantee the accuracy and quality of the data and the durability of the facilities, a strict maintenance of the equipment must take place.
The periodical maintenance of meteorological systems is very important to ensure the quality of the data. A meteorological station has several devices requiring routine revisions and calibration tests.
ENVIRA IoT performs the preventive maintenance of meteorological stations, using patterns traced to international standards to guarantee maximum accuracy in the data.
Maintenance of the sensor unit
Sensors are one of the most important part of a meteorological system, because their function is the transmission of data from meteorological variables to the control board. ENVIRA IoT performs the revision of the following components:
• Verification of the orientation of direction sensors.
• Checking the analogical outlet.
• Checking the cleaning of the rain sensor.
• Checking the cleaning of the radiation sensor.
• Revision of ball-bearings in wind sensors.
• Cleaning of sensors.
• Revision of pressure sensor.
• Checking temperature and humidity.
• Calibration of sensors.
Maintenance of the power supply
The power supply is essential in any meteorological station. The periodical revisions include checking the absence of humidity nearby and the state of the batteries. If the system also has a solar panel as power supply, the following items must be checked:
• State of the glass in the solar panel.
The maintenance of the power supply of the sensors in a meteorological system is essential to avoid an interruption in the collection of data for the station.
Maintenance of the data collection system
In the preventive maintenance of meteorological systems, the state of the datalogger is also checked:
• Replacement of internal batteries.
• Correction and calibration of pressure and/or electricity measurements.
• Maintenance of the carcass.
• Verification of the functions of data communication and storage.
ENVIRA IoT also repairs, assembles or substitutes those elements in the meteorological station that do not work correctly.